Learn 5 of the most popular Bellydance Darbuka Rhythms from Master Percussionist Ari Salim while Janelle guides you through creative movement.
In this 4 Class Course we will indulge in Drum Jams, Improvisation, The art of Audience Interaction and explore your unique Drum Solo personality as we move through one choreography accompanied with Live music!
Even virtually, there is nothing like the energy of experiencing Live music. This course will have your heart pumping and a level a joy exude from your soul like nothing else. Trust me, YOU can bellydance!
SUGGESTED LEVEL: Beginner to Advanced
- Week 1 - Introduction, Malfoof Rhythm, Maksum Rhythm + Combinations & Drum Jam
- Week 2 - Masmoudi Saghir, Baladi Rhythm, Chifteteli Rhythm, Review & Choreography
- Week 3 - Ayoub Rhythm, Call and Response, Review Everything, Drum Jam
- Week 4 - Review 5 Rhythms, Performance Skills, Enjoy The Dance and dancers!
Bonus Choreography Breakdown Video
Class Performance Video
Instructor Ari Salim - Percussionist
Master in Arabic Percussion, Ari Salim is from Santa Barbara, CA and currently is living in Santa Barbara. Has played Arabic music professionally since he was 10 years old, worked as a translator for the Rio2016 Olympics, and is a PhD student in Ethnomusicology at the CUNY Grad Center. Ari toured Egypt in 2011 performing 9 concerts in 4 different cities at the invitation of the Egyptian Government. Ari’s infectious vibrant energy is joy for all students to experience and since 2014 he has seriously practiced the art of Capoeira!
Darbuka Rhythms for Bellydance
- This course is delivered as a digitally based medium in .pdf form with clickable links.
- After purchasing please download the .pdf and save it!
- All classes in this course are availalbe for download as well once opened with wifi.
- All courses include complimentary feed back on submitted practice videos!
Have Fun! Learn at your own speed. I am available for questions!